A large, mission-driven healthcare organization came to us for help re-energizing a passionate and committed group of employees who were on the road to burnout by virtue of their deep commitment to their patients.
- Employees were relying on spiritual energy – the energy of purpose – to fuel their other dimensions of energy.
- Employees were working long hours, continuously, without breaks.
- Employees sacrificed rest and renewal – in and out of the office – as a strategy to manage their workload.
- Employees and leaders alike were feeling overwhelmed, resulting in a diminished quality of work.
- Reduce burnout and turnover.
- Increase quality of work.
- Increase resilience and retention.
After assessing the key energy challenges, we rolled out a series of Energy Interventions including PeopleFuel™ and LeaderFuel™ for department leaders. Employees were encouraged to make energy management a priority in order to better and more sustainably serve their patients. Finally, we initiated a Train the Trainer program to scale the effort across the organization.
- Reduced stigma of not being connected 24/7.
- Increased participants’ capacity by 30%.
- Revamped meeting culture and operating norms, increasing communication and decreasing inefficient meeting practices.
- Instituted Community Meetings to build trust and camaraderie.
- Created a value shift among leadership to allow for more daytime rest and renewal and reduced multitasking.