A large, mission-driven healthcare organization came to us for help re-energizing a passionate and committed group of employees who were on the road to burnout by virtue of their deep commitment to their patients.
– Employees were relying on spiritual energy – the energy of purpose – to fuel their other dimensions of energy.
– Employees were working long hours, continuously, without breaks.
– Employees sacrificed rest and renewal – in and out of the office – as a strategy to manage their workload.
– Employees and leaders alike were feeling overwhelmed, resulting in a diminished quality of work.
– Reduce burnout and turnover.
– Increase quality of work.
– Increase resilience and retention.
After assessing the key energy challenges, we rolled out a series of Energy Interventions including PeopleFuel and LeaderFuel for department leaders. Employees were encouraged to make energy management a priority in order to better and more sustainably serve their patients. Finally, we initiated a Train the Trainer program to scale the effort across the organization.
– Reduced stigma of not being connected 24/7.
– Increased participants’ capacity by 30%.
– Revamped meeting culture and operating norms, increasing communication and decreasing inefficient meeting practices.
– Instituted Community Meetings to build trust and camaraderie.
– Created a value shift among leadership to allow for more daytime rest and renewal and reduced multitasking.