The current reality:
Over half of large organizations are undertaking a significant transformation at any given time. Billions of dollars are invested each year in the “outer game” of transformation: strategy, structure, process, and technology. So why do most transformations fail? The answer is that they pay insufficient attention to the “inner game” – addressing people’s fixed beliefs and mindset, blind spots and biases, fears of and resistance to change.
High turnover rates, low engagement, soaring healthcare costs, lagging innovation, and sluggish productivity are all significantly influenced by these internal factors. Too many employees are left trying to balance their own work with transformation. They lack the mindset and the tools to do so in an increasingly complex and demanding environment.
Senior leaders themselves are ill-equipped to take care of themselves and role model best practices in the new normal, and instead continue to stick with and reward the same outdated behaviors and ways of thinking that served them well in the past.
What fuels better
Our work supporting business transformation involves helping to create sustainable growth cultures characterized by:
- Continuous feedback fueled by leaders willing to role model vulnerability, openness and willingness to take personal responsibility for their missteps.
- Ongoing learning powered by a spirit inquiry, curiosity and transparency in place of judgment, certainty and defensiveness.
- Challenging mindset by seeing more – deeper, wider and longer – and excluding less.
- Time-limited, manageable experiments with new behaviors in order to test the unconscious assumption that changing the status quo is risky and likely to have negative consequences.
- Leaders capable of both challenging and nurturing their employees.
Featured Programs, Tools and Modules
We draw from a large range of programs, tools and modules to create sustained learning journey that changes behavior and makes the learning stick.
We can help you embed a systematic approach to resilience across your organization to combat burnout and help your people thrive.